Great American Bank is committed and continuously working to improve the accessibility of content on our website to be compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act W3C Level One guidelines. Below, you’ll find a few recommendations to help make your browsing experience more accessible:
If you have trouble seeing web pages, the US Social Security Administration offers tips for optimizing your computer and browser to improve your online experience.
- Use your computer to read web pages out loud
- Use the keyboard to navigate screens
- Increase text size
- Magnify your screen
- Change background and text colors
- Make your mouse pointer more visible (Windows only)
- If you are looking for mouse and keyboard alternatives, speech recognition software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking may help you navigate web pages and online services. This software allows the user to move focus around a web page or application screen through voice controls.
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, try the following feature available to you.
Your computer, tablet, or mobile device has volume control features. Each video and audio service has its own additional volume controls. Try adjusting both your device’s volume controls and your media players’ volume controls to optimize your listening experience.
We welcome any feedback on how to improve our site’s accessibility for all users. If the recommendations above do not meet your needs, we invite you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or recommendations in accessing ADA content.